Monday 6 June 2016

A&D P.2 - Recording


I used these microphones (Condenser mics) to record some props so later on I can edit them into the sound effects I am aiming for.
These are the props I used.



I recorded the sound of typing on the keyboard using this apple keyboard. At first I started doing different patterns with my hands and typing on different keys. Then to add a little meaning into it I typed relevant words and sentences to the film I am adding into.

I used this clock to record the sound effect of the clock ticking. I did not use the sound of the clock ticking though, I used the little metal that makes the alarm sound and moved it slowly so that the sound kind of sounds like a ticking clock. I will be editing it and making the sound more in sync.

I used this glasses case and hit it on the floor from different distances above the ground. I will be editing this into the "Bag hitting body" sound effect.


I used these small marker lids and tried to break them in half to make a breaking sound or a snap sound but they did not break and only got bent so  I had to use a different prop for the sound effect.

I used this small nail foiler and broke it in half to make a breaking sound or a snap sound and it worked very well. 


I cut an A4 paper into 4 pieces and moved them around so they sound like cards moving against each other. I will be editing this as well to make it sound more like cards being shuffled or put on the table.


No comments:

Post a Comment