Monday 6 June 2016

A&D P.2 - Editing (7) Footsteps

I used pencil condenser microphones to record and only the software REAPER to edit.  The footsteps where hard to record in the first place, because I tried to use many different techniques from the videos I watched on how to record foley sounds but the problem was the surface I was walking on. To make the sound effect of a footstep really be heard and make a difference is to have a good surface to walk on so that the sound would show. Unfortunately I did not have any surface that I could walk on for me to be able to make the footsteps sound effect better I just used my shoe on the floor of the recording studio. I rocked the shoe back and forth to give it the sense of walking I also walked in the shoes and recored that as well. What I used in my final piece was a sound of both tricks I used.


The recording was 3 minutes long and It took me time deciding which sound I want to work with further almost 5 hours later I found the solution. I kept on editing and cutting parts from here to there.












FINAL PIECE



No comments:

Post a Comment