Monday 7 March 2016

Arts and Design Project 1 - Editing 2nd recording

I did not do much to this recording because I love the way it sounds so I focused on removing the glitches and cuts from the recording. There was a lot of glitches because it was recorded in the street and there was a lot of people passing by.

I removed all the glitches and one of them was a bit challenging to remove because it was a very loud glitch and in a big space. I cut the part where the glitch is clear and faded both of the parts that would connect the track back together. I then copied that part of the recording and added a second track and put it on it and raised the volume so that the fading part won't be obvious
and heard clearly.
There was another part that had a big glitch so I replaced part of the recording in that part and made it sound natural and that it was already that way.

I added the altiverb effect from the FX menu from the VST section so that it will sound different and make the recording sound as far or as close as I want it to and I also chose a setting for the recording so that it doesn't sound so much like the original.

I overall really like the edit I have done because the sirens in the back are still clear and the editing made it sound better.
I am very proud of this recording and enjoyed editing it.






No comments:

Post a Comment